I made several attempts at machine stitching onto the dissolvable film, practising first on paper, but wasn’t happy with the results. It might have been more successful if the thread had been a lighter tone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I had much more fun with the free machine embroidery, using the fern leaf shape as inspiration rather than trying to outline the shapes exactly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I remembered noticing the seed like structures under the leaves of some ferns, so I looked them up and decided to add some hand stitching (french knots)

I’ve finished four small panels now and framed them in box frames.